MS Outlook has the feature to add multiple email accounts. This allows users to access all their mails at a single platform and Outlook is the best email application for this task. Managing mails on AOL sometimes appears to be difficult, so you can add the AOL account to MS Outlook for better management. To add AOL account IMAP settings needs to be configured properly.
MS Outlook is widely known for its excellent features in maintaining the accounts, inbox, files & folders. Most of the users look for tool or software to convert AOL mails to Outlook, but here is a free method by which AOL mail can be configured with Outlook for free, without facing any error. However, it is recommended that users should follow the steps in order.
One thing to be taken care is to backup the AOL mail account. It is always recommended to backup data before email migration, so that it can be easily restored if any error is encountered. Here are the steps to configure AOL in Outlook.
Adding the AOL Account to MS Outlook
The transfer is carried out in two steps
- Change the AOL mail settings to allow apps that use less secure login
- Add the AOL Mail Account in Outlook
So, by following these two steps we can view the AOL mails in Outlook
Enable Allow Apps that Use Less Secure Login Option in AOL
- Sign in to your AOL mail account
- Once the dashboard opens, go to AOL profile section and click on the Options
- From the list of options appear click on Account Info
- A new window will open, click on the ‘Account Security’ option
- This will open a window for AOL security settings. You can enable two-step verification for AOL account for more security or enable less security over other apps.
- Move to ‘Allow apps that use less secure sign in’ and slide the button towards right to enable it.
- Now, to complete this action you need to sign-in again, the login window will appear as soon as you enable the less secure sign in option
- Now, enter your AOL username and password. Click on the Sign in button
- When you will be logged in to AOL account the ‘Allow apps that use less secure sign in’ option will be enabled.
Now, the first step of process is complete and the AOL account is to be configured with Outlook
Add AOL Account to Outlook
- Open the MS Outlook application in your system
- From the menu bar, click on File option
- You will see ‘Add Account’ button, click on it
- Enter the AOL email address and click on Advanced Options
- Also, check mark the option ‘Let me set up my account manually’
- Now, click on the connect button
- Select the Account type as POP
- And the new window that opens enter the following information
- Server: pop.aol.com
- Port: 995
- Encryption Method: Checkmark, this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS)
- Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA):NO
- Server: smtp.aol.com
- Port: 465
- Encryption Method: SSL/TLS
- Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA): NO
- Now enter the details as per the given information
- Enter the AOL mail account password and then click on OK
- The AOL account setup will be complete
- You can check the AOL mail account folders and files in MS Outlook
Thus, this is the best method to access AOL mails in Outlook Account without using any software. This free method lets you view AOL mails and manage them properly in MS Outlook.