Microsoft Outlook is an email application that lets users access their emails both on the desktop application and Web. The OWA (Outlook Web Access) makes users check their emails on Net. This ensures that if the Outlook application is not working then the user can check his/her mail on the browser. But with Lotus Notes it required extra permissions. The Administrator will set permission to access Notes on Web as iNotes.
Lotus Notes email app can be accessed over the network as iNotes only if the administrator allows. This facilitates users to access lotus notes and check emails from home. So, if you need to send mail and the system is not available, you can type the address in the browser and send/ receive emails.
Steps to Enable Lotus Notes (iNotes) on Web
First and the foremost step is to ask the Domino Administrator to make your NSF file available for web browsing if the organization permits.
- Open the Domino Server and go to Files
- Now select File>> Application >> New
- Select the server as domino server and name it as domcfg
- Now go to ‘Specify Template for new application’ server and then Select your domino server
- Click on Show Advanced templates
- Select ‘Domino Web Server Configuration’ as Template
- Click OK and domcfg- Sign in form mappings will appear
- Click on ADD Mapping, select target database as iwaredir.nsf and target form as dwaLoginForm
- Save and close the window
Create IWAREDIR to Access Mails on Web
- Go to Files, Application and From Server select Domino Server
- Name this as iwaredir and specify the template for new application
- Next, click on ‘Show Advance Templates’
- In Template select the ‘IBM Lotus iNotes Redirect’, click OK
- The IBM Lotus iNotes Redirect will appear, customize it as per requirement and then exit window
Now Redirect IWAREDIR.NSF to Default Web Browser
- Now go to Domino Administrator Configuration tab
- Follow the path Server Document>> Current Server Document>> Internet Protocol>> HTTP tab
- Select mapping and type URL to NSF file
- Go to Domino Web Engine tab and in-session authentication select single server
- Click on save and close the window
Accessing Lotus Notes on Web
Once the Domino Administrator has set permissions to access mail file on the web, you can check mails
- Open the Web-browser
- In the address bar type the URL to your mail file (www.companyname.com/mail/abc.nsf) e.g. lotusnotes.com/mail/myfile.nsf
- Enter your username and password
- Now click on login and your Lotus Notes account will open
- In this way, you can easily access the Lotus Notes account on the web-browser.
Lotus Notes is not the same as Outlook as it can be accessed via Outlook.com only, Lotus notes have company web addresses and then it directs you to the user account. Use the steps and access your emails on the web.